Right now I’m a part of a project that assesses various writing by 8th graders. Their insight is interesting to see. This is just a short list of what caught my attention, but I’ll have much more written next week for Part 2.
– “Today, there are books for all students and pencils for all students too.”
– “We might as well get used to younger kids now and how to handle them.”
– “Have you heard of designer drugs? They’re almost as bad as methamphetamines.”
– “Most kids are just lazy and have parents that will let them live at home until they’re 25.”
– “Sleeping till noon and going to sleep at 3 am is what I call awesome.”
– “Being tired in class is a huge distraction. If you are too busy thinking about how tired you are, you’ll learn almost nothing. The students who aren’t distracted will be asleep anyway.”
– “Young teenagers get very bored, so they try to find something to do. They may go to parties which means it would lead up to getting into drugs. Drinking happens a lot–could even cause death, it just depends.”
– “The way the life cycle is it’s like school. Say, if a bird dies, the next day another one is reborn into the life cycle. And when a day of school is over, another one starts again.”
– “Most of these young people need jobs so that they won’t be out in the streets or dying at a young age.”
That’s all for now. Look forward to a longer batch next week!